This next Sunday there will be a workshop and discussion session on plant propagation from 11am -12 midday as part of the usual Sunday volunteer session. The focus will be on the current weather and plants that germinate and grow well from cutting during the late mountains summer/autumn seasonal period.
This will cover:
- what to grow and propagate in autumn
- cutting selection & methods
- discussion of seasonal timing for growth
- seed selection & germination
- planting seedlings on and soil preparation
- saving seeds
- grafting techniques – if there is interest and time
We will start promptly at 11am and finish at midday.