Today we started by repairing some more of the clay oven with an additional render layer on the main oven door space to harden it up for rain and other adverse weather – which has been plentiful the last few weeks.
While that was being done others moved into weeding and removing blackberry.
The central vegetable gardens are repopulating well and crops like the salad greens, kale, garlic, broad beans, snow peas and bush peas are progressing well.
The cut flower garden is recovering from our cleanup from last week.
And then we moved onto cleaning up and rejuvenating the new beds that had been growing squash over this summer. The soil is starting to develop a nice structure and after a winter crop of legumes will likely be ready to grow some more adventurous and hungry crops in the spring.
Thanks to all who came to day to help out. 🙂
I will be taking a break for a while from running the Sunday Sessions. Happy gardening!