Our idea of the Blue Mountains Organic Community Gardens are to:
Provide a showcase for sustainable community living, including:
- Demonstration of a land management approach which encompasses
- regenerative land management
- sustainable integrated facilities for Gardening, Bushcare, Arts, Music, Performance, Sports, Recreation and Community Celebration
- Maintenance of inclusive, positive and supportive gardens for individuals and groups to meet and connect with each other in a beautiful happy environment.
- Provision of practical demonstration of Permaculture ethics and principles for sustainable community garden design.
- Maintenance of a food forest including heritage variety fruits, perennial and native foods.
- Creation and maintenance of a platform for education on community resilience and sustainable living in a world heritage area.
- Promotion of sustainable living strategies and methods in the community.
- Encouragement for everyone to get involved at their own level of ability and comfort zone.
- Facilitation of outreach programmes to
- help community groups and individuals establish productive gardens of their own and
- connect positively and productively with the wider environment.
Do you agree?